blue corner left
Unemployment Office List & Resource Guide
light blue corner left

Home | How to Collect Unemployment
| Eligibility | Where to File | Unemployment Insurance
If You Quit | Getting Paid | Extensions | Disqualification | 10 Helpful Tips


How Do I File for Unemployment Insurance?

To file a new Kansas claim or reopen an existing claim for
unemployment insurance benefits, call one of the local telephone numbers below.
Please Read The Information Below Before Calling
Topeka..... (785) 575-1460 / TTY (877) 457-5432 (Toll Free)
Kansas City............... (913) 596-3500 / TTY (913) 287-6488
Wichita............................................................. (316) 383-9947

Outside any of the above local areas, call: 1-800-292-6333
Mailing Addresses and Fax Numbers

UI Call Center

UI Call Center

UI Call Center

PO Box 2098

PO Box 3539

PO Box 877

Kansas City, KS 66110-0098

Topeka, KS 66601-3539

Wichita, KS 67201-0877




Fax: 913-287-1182

Fax: 785-296-3249

Fax: 316-266-8674


Please have the following information available when you call:

  • Social Security Number
  • Driver's License Number or Kansas Identification Number (if you have one).
  • Your complete mailing address and county of residence.
  • Name, complete mailing address and zip code of your last employer and all employers in past 18 months whether you worked part-time or full-time. (This includes all short-term employment.)
  • If you worked for a temporary agency, you will need to provide the name and complete mailing address of the temporary agency, not the location worked.
  • The beginning and ending date of each employer for whom you have worked.
  • Alien Registration Number (If not a U.S. citizen).

If you have worked for the Federal government, please have available Forms SF-8 and SF-50. If you do not have these forms available, please contact the Federal agency and obtain the payroll address. (However, do not delay filing your claim because of no Federal address for your last employer.)

If you have had active Military duty in the last 18 months, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4). (However, do not delay filing your claim if you do not have a copy of your DD-214.)

Please have a pencil and paper ready for taking notes.



Are you looking for advice on your career?

Join and Get Career Guides!
These career experts will offer you individualized attention and career advice.

We love their resume and cover letter writing services, interview preparation and career coaching services!

Click on the image above more information on how we can help you take control of your future!

Custom Search


Resources | Contact Us

Some pages may provide links to other Internet sites for the convenience of users. is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites. Users cannot assume that the external sites will abide by the same Privacy Policy to which adheres.

blue corner low left provides general information only and not legal advice. Consult an attorney for legal matters. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
No material from may be reproduced in any form without explicit, written consent.
Sites and other media may link in good faith to page on this site without consent.