blue corner left
Unemployment Office List & Resource Guide
light blue corner left

Home | How to Collect Unemployment
| Eligibility | Where to File | Unemployment Insurance
If You Quit | Getting Paid | Extensions | Disqualification | 10 Helpful Tips


How Do I File for Unemployment Insurance?

You can use the Internet Claims System if You are no longer working or working substantially fewer hours.

Internet Claim:

  • File a new unemployment claim.
  • File your weekly continued unemployment claim.
  • Change your Personal Information (address, phone number and e-mail address).
  • Obtain Information regarding your unemployment insurance claim.
  • Request a duplicate 1099-G.
  • Change your Federal Income Tax deduction.
  • When you can use this system:

The Internet Claims System is available 7 days a week, 24 hours per day. Each night, routine system processing and backups occur, this will cause the System to be unavailable for a few minutes. If this occurs while you are accessing the system, please EXIT and try again in 5-10 minutes.

You will need:

  • Your Social Security number.
  • Your Personal Identification Number (PIN), if you are re-starting your existing claim.
  • Names and addresses of your last two employers.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, your Alien Registration number.
  • Tips for filing:

If you do not answer all questions, your application will not be processed.

Allow 15 to 30 minutes to complete the application to file your claim.

Please use the available Help Screens if you do not understand or need clarification.

Unemployment Claim Automated Telephone Call Center
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Access Numbers
Northern Nevada (775) 684-0350
Southern Nevada (702) 486-0350
Rural Nevada, Long Distance or Interstate
(888) 890-8211

Information You Will Need:

  • The names, addresses and dates worked for your last and next to last employers.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen - proof of your immigration status.
  • If you worked in another state during the last 18 months, you will need names, addresses phone numbers and dates employed.
  • If you worked for the federal government during the last 18 months - SF 50 and SF 8 forms.
  • If you served in the military during the last 18 months - copy number four of your DD214.
  • If you are non-English speaking, you may wish to have an interpreter




Are you looking for advice on your career?

Join and Get Career Guides!
These career experts will offer you individualized attention and career advice.

We love their resume and cover letter writing services, interview preparation and career coaching services!

Click on the image above more information on how we can help you take control of your future!

Custom Search


Resources | Contact Us

Some pages may provide links to other Internet sites for the convenience of users. is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites. Users cannot assume that the external sites will abide by the same Privacy Policy to which adheres.

blue corner low left provides general information only and not legal advice. Consult an attorney for legal matters. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
No material from may be reproduced in any form without explicit, written consent.
Sites and other media may link in good faith to page on this site without consent.